Welcome to the new home for SEAU News! We're excited to have the newsletter in the same space as SEAU's website. We hope this makes it more convenient to access for everyone and provides a better reader experience. As always, we welcome your recommendations and opinions. We also invite anyone interested to submit an article on a technical concept, business practices, engineering ethics, etc. to be included in a future issue of the newsletter. We appreciate all who contribute to the newsletter and look forward to providing helpful and informative content to help elevate our industry.
Articles from the Board
Calendar of Events
December 10, 2020
- The Rise of Mass Timber and the Role of FEA Software presented by Amy Heilig, PE and sponsored by SEAU. PDHs available. Starts 11:30 am. Register for this webinar here.
- Structural Masonry Design - Column Design, In-Plane Walls, and Masonry Veneer presented by Ed Huston, PE, SE and sponsored by NWCMA. 4:00 to 6:30 pm. Register for this webinar here.
December 15, 2020
- High Performance Precast sponsored by SEAU and ACI. PDHs available from ACI.
January 11, 2021
- Seismic Earth Pressures, Liquefaction and Deep Foundation Performance presented by Scott J. Brandenberg Ph.D, PE, M. ASCE and sponsored by SEAU. PDHs available. Find additional information here.
January 14, 2021
- Specifying Open Web Steel Joists - Loads and Load Combinations presented by Joe Walton, and sponsored by SEAU.
March 2-3, 2021
- SEAU Virtual Education Conference sponsored by SEAU. Find additional information here.
Previous Newsletter Articles